Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How Can one display chart series using arrays?

Can anyone help me with this one?
Is it possible to display data in a line chart using arrays only
without having to store data in a range on excel sheet?
I would be very thankful for any tips..

Thanks,
alseikhan

--
Alseikhan
Alseikhan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32364

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This should give you the clues you are seeking:

[The key statement is:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "={1,23,32,77}"
]

sub aa()
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "={1,23,32,77}"
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet1"
With ActiveChart
.HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
End With
End Sub

"Alseikhan" wrote:

Can anyone help me with this one?
Is it possible to display data in a line chart using arrays only
without having to store data in a range on excel sheet?
I would be very thankful for any tips..

Thanks,
alseikhan

--
Alseikhan
Alseikhan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32364
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521214

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you; this should help.

But are you suggesting that I transfer the contents of the array to be
charted into a string containing all the numbers, e.g.,

There isn't a way to set the array directly to the series values?

Thanks again,

Alseikhan