Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding to auto-filter combo boxes

How can you manipulate the dropdowns that Auto-filter creates? I would
like to add some new entries and delete some of the ones it
automatically creates.

Here is what I would like to do

I have a spreadsheet that has dates as one of the fields. I would like
allow people to select January, February, etc. from the date combo box
(while Auto filter just gives me a list of all the dates). I know how
to do this for one month at a time using the custom option, but I would
like all months listed.

This spreadsheet also has a list of ID numbers that are often
duplicated. I would like to add something to the combo box that filter
so it only shows unique records. I was able to create an advanced
filter that did this but would like to make it easy for people to use.

Thanks

--
bsherwood
bsherwood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, you can't manipulate the Auto-Filter dropdowns.

In order to achieve what you describe, you will need an Advanced Filter

HTH
--
AP

"bsherwood" a écrit