Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default automatically add date/time stamp to field?

I know that you can use the =now() function to put a date/time stamp
into a field in Excel. The problem with this is anytime you open the
document, edit a field, etc. all the now() functions execute. I want
to be able to easily create a date/time stamp in a field, but I don't
want it to ever update unless I repeat this same operation in the
field. Maybe a macro that could be connected to a button on a toolbar?
Any ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

A solution is to input your date/time stamp, whenever needed in the
cell 's Comment ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Found an old "stamp" ....

Sub MacroStamp()
Dim Stamp As String
Dim Str As String
Str = Format(Time, "hh:mm:ss AMPM")
Stamp = Format(Date, "Long Date") & " at " & Str
Selection.AddComment
Selection.Comment.Text Text:=Stamp
Selection.Select
End Sub

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you simply want the date and time etc in the activecell

Sub StampNow()
ActiveCell.Value = Now()
ActiveCell.Copy
ActiveCell.PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)