Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default automatically add date/time stamp to field?

Take a look he

In article .com,
wrote:

I know that you can use the =now() function to put a date/time stamp
into a field in Excel. The problem with this is anytime you open the
document, edit a field, etc. all the now() functions execute. I want
to be able to easily create a date/time stamp in a field, but I don't
want it to ever update unless I repeat this same operation in the
field. Maybe a macro that could be connected to a button on a toolbar?
Any ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!