Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel keeps changing my function

Hi

I found a useful UDF online and copy pasted it into a module in a worksheet.
It worked fine initially, but then after awhile, the name changes in excel
and the "#name?" error comes up. I click shift+f3 to see the function and its
been renamed and somehow not the same. my function name: 'CellColor
'
what i see when i click shift+f3: 'FINAL Spreadsheet.xls'!function1.CellColor'

I have no idea why it does this. Help please! thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My first reaction was that you are halucinating.

But, where is the code for the UDf? Is it in the same workbook as the
worksheet from which you are calling it? Is it in a module or is it
just in the code pane associated with a sheet? And is it Public or
Private

It may give some clues

regards

--