Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel xsl.file to csv file folder (navision)

I am trying to use an excel files in order to enter them into navision.
I need to cut and paste values into excel spreadsheet(from access).
I can not use a database because not all of the navision dimensions
(different dept codes
center codes etc-different in access and navision. My company does not
want me to
touch the access database. My question is a simple one, My
understanding
Navision dataporting requires you to use a csv file-this will be a
financial folder
Is their any thing special (in terms of making sure all my data gets
into the proper
place? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

bills,
I just check what Navision was, as I have not used it, but copy/paste from
Access to Excel, Excel to csv, csv to Navision seems like a rather long way
around.
According to their Integration section on
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ntegration.doc
<speil
In every area of Microsoft Navision, Microsoft technologies play a key role.
Overall, Microsoft Navision integrates with Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows Installer and
Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, and Microsoft Office System.
</speil
However, it sounds like the may be one way; Navision Excel.
If so and you have to go your route, then most of the concerns with csv seem
to stem when you cross systems set to different regional setting and list
separators etc.
If this will not occur, then should be OK.
But, at the least, a query to the DB would make more sense. It seems a
complete waste of the investment in software if you are actively prevented
from utilising its potential.
And it would be somewhat ridiculous, in 2006, if the only import format
supported by Navision is csv.
....Unless I'm missing something...

NickHK

oups.com...