Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using VBA to temporarily bypass regional options

Hi all,

Is there an elegant way of temporarily asking VBA to stick to its
embedded US core settings, in order to format dates accordingly ...,
and then, once action has been performed, to return to its regional
settings ...

Thanks for all your comments
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doesn't it already do that? It is certainly my understanding.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Carim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

Is there an elegant way of temporarily asking VBA to stick to its
embedded US core settings, in order to format dates accordingly ...,
and then, once action has been performed, to return to its regional
settings ...

Thanks for all your comments
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

What I am facing is a French based environment, which needs to trigger
a English report to HQ ...
Format(Date,"mmmm") produces in French mars ...
whereas my objective is to have it show March ...
So far, I have cheated quite inelegantly... ans as wondering if a
couple of instructions could help me temporarily bypass the French
settings ...

Thanks for your comments
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Carim,

I see the problem now.

An alternative would be, instead of putting the result in the cell as you
are doing now, put a formula, For instance

Activecell.Formula = "=TEXT(TODAY(),""mmmm"")"

This will have the effect of creating formula that an English version will
interpret as March, and a French version will interpret as Mars.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Carim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob,

What I am facing is a French based environment, which needs to trigger
a English report to HQ ...
Format(Date,"mmmm") produces in French mars ...
whereas my objective is to have it show March ...
So far, I have cheated quite inelegantly... ans as wondering if a
couple of instructions could help me temporarily bypass the French
settings ...

Thanks for your comments
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

I already knew this world was unfair ... But now, I am terribly jealous

Your suggestion is simply brilliant !!! ... because it is brilliantly
simple ...!!!

Thanks a lot
All the Best

Carim