Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing font color of cell content

Is there a way to programatically change the font properties (color) of
only a portion of a cells content, like maybe the first 5 characters, or
maybe characters 10-15. etc

D.S.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Donald,

Running the macro recorder and editing, I get this:

ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=5).Font.ColorIndex = 3

hth,

Doug

"Donald Stockton" wrote in message
Is there a way to programatically change the font properties (color) of
only a portion of a cells content, like maybe the first 5 characters, or
maybe characters 10-15. etc

D.S.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
often. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
often. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
often. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
often. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can't do it in this particular situation, I'm trying to highlight portions
of text, and I need to do it within a procedure I'm working on. Thanks

wrote in message
ups.com...
Highlight what you want changed within the text on the Formula Bar. Go
to Format menu / cells / font and make your changes. I do it quite
often. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

While your typing, or open the cell, and in the formula bar highight
the text you want to change, then use the Format menu, cells and change
the color. Return to your typing, or close the cell. What is the
problem with this? You can even change the color of part of a word.
ed