Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

Default All users path

Hi!

I have a weird path problem.

Model path (Application.TemplatesPath): Gives a path in my windows user
"documents and settings" folder
Startup path (Application.StartupPath): Gives a path in my windows user
"documents and settings" folder
Add-in path (Application.LibraryPath): Gives a path in an Office directory

The Model and Startup paths are "user"-defined and the add-in path are "all
users" defined. I would like to have all "all users" path including Model
and Startup. What's the way?

Thanks,

Thierry Paradis.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

I have a weird path problem.

I don't think so. It's a misunderstanding. The library path is the same
for all users because it points to Excel's add-ins (not user created
add-ins). There is only one instance of these Excel add-ins per Excel
installation just as there is for all other Excel application files. So
this path is the same for all users.

The other paths are for user customizable items so they get user specific
paths.

--
Jim
"Thierry Paradis" wrote in message
| Hi!
|
| I have a weird path problem.
|
| Model path (Application.TemplatesPath): Gives a path in my windows user
| "documents and settings" folder
| Startup path (Application.StartupPath): Gives a path in my windows user
| "documents and settings" folder
| Add-in path (Application.LibraryPath): Gives a path in an Office directory
|
| The Model and Startup paths are "user"-defined and the add-in path are
"all
| users" defined. I would like to have all "all users" path including Model
| and Startup. What's the way?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Thierry Paradis.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

Ok. Then, when you add your add-in with AddIns.Add(nom). The registration
is

only possible at an All-users level?

If yes, then is there a way to get an All users path for the xlsStart and
Model?

Thanks,

Thierry Paradis.
----------------------------

I'm not clear about what you wanted to do...

The Addin.Add method works only for the current Excel user. Specifically,
the add-in will appear under this registry key to indicate it's available
but not selected in the Tools, Add-ins dialog for the current user:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Add-in Manager

(Adjusting the "11.0" for your version of Excel.)

If you want to have the add-in appear in Tools, Add-ins for all users, I
don't know how to do that. A workaround is to copy it to the
Application.Path & "\xlstart" folder. It will not appear in Tools, Add-ins
but Excel will open it for all users and if you have startup code to modify
menus it will run.

--
Jim