Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB to Excel

Hi

I have been asked to create a front end where users will enter values and
then them values will be put into an excel sheet.
I am able to put values in excel. But the problem is that there are 15 users
and of course if one person is updating a worksheet then it is locked for the
others. Also the people I am doing this for dont have Microsoft Access on
there server.
I really need some tips on how to go about this.
I have been told to write the values to a '.csv' file. Will that make a
difference? Or how about XML? Can I store data with that and then move it
into excel?

I am only 19 years of age and I want to go about this the best way possible.

So I would really appreciate any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It is not the case that only one user can edit a workbook at once. Look in
Excel help for 'shared workbook'. What you are able to do with the workbook
shared may stop you having to develop anything else unecessarily.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Chris Marlow