Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Triggered screen shots

Hi All,

I am running a trading application in Excel 2003 and would like to
record a screen shot (or equivalent) each time a trade is triggered so
that I can fine tune my trading by revising the prevailing conditions,
indicators etc at the time the trade was placed in the market.

A new trade would be indicated by "Placed" appearing somewhere within a
range of cells on my worksheet and could occur probably up to thirty
times a session. It doesn't matter to me if the screen shots are pasted
to another worksheet or to Word or whatever.

Is this practical and if so how would I go about implementing same?

Thanks in advance for any help. I have minimal VBA skills.

Barry

--
Barry Taylor
Barry Taylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20541

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, it's not possible to use print screen key via VBA - check help and the
command you want to use is SendKeys - only this one command Print Screen it
is not possible to use with VBA. This is what you will find in the help:

Note: You can't use SendKeys to send keystrokes to an application that is
not designed to run in Microsoft Windows. Sendkeys also can't send the PRINT
SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any application.

€žBarry Taylor" napÃ*sal (napÃ*sala):

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just take that data and copy|paste special|values to a different
sheet?

Dave, yes that would be acceptable - this is actually what I meant by
"(or equivalent)". Looks like I may have been trying to take a
sledgehammer to a walnut? :)

I don't care how I get it done, as long as I get a copy of what is
displayed on my worksheet each time a trade is placed - but I need it
to be automated.

Thanks for your reply,

Barry