Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compiler Going Flaky on Me

Aarrgh!!

I'm starting to get some real compiler weirdness going on that has me
concerned.

I was writing a UDF and started getting "Compile Error: Only comments may
appear after End Sub, End Function, or End Property".

The only thing after "End Function" was a couple of more subs.

I took out the offending UDF and began piecing it together by writing
line-by-line fresh into the Module.

Things were looking promising, but then all at once the compiler gave me an
error on the PRECEDING function (previously debugged and working well)
saying "Expected End Function." This error point was about three lines
before the existing "End Function."

Is my project totally hosed? How to stop this behavior?

The spreadsheet is about 1.3 MB in size now. Running Mac Powerbook G4, 2 GB
RAM, Office / Excel 2004.

Also, I recently upgraded my machine from 512 MB to 2 GB RAM. I have had two
crashes that appear RAM-related. Not getting kernel panic, but the whole
machine crashes and I get some low-level messages in white letters on black
background overlaid on the previous display image. This has happened twice.
Haven't run TechTools yet to check the RAM. Will do later tonight.

Hellppp!!!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve,

To obtain meaninful assistance, I suspect that you will need to post the
problematic code, indicating where the error is encountered.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Steve Drenker" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One thing that won't solve your problem, but may make it easier to debug,
would be to put each SUB or UDF or whatever into its own module. Sometimes
that makes it easier to understand where the errors are coming from.

Good luck.

Bill