Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Flaky combo boxes. Work around?

I've read things about comboboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar being
flakey,
but have never seen it with my own eyes.

But usually I can get by with data|validation or a dropdown from the
Forms
toolbar.

==
If you create a new worksheet with a similar number of comboboxes, do
you have
the same trouble--if no, maybe recreating that worksheet would help???

Don Wiss wrote:

I have some combo boxes on my sheets that are from the Control

Toolbar.
They are downright flaky. I'm sure this is simply yet another bug of
xl2002, but I'm hoping there is a work around. What happens is when

you
drop down the list sometimes the font then shrinks. Repeated dropping

down
can shrink the font until it is unreadable. The only cure is to delete

the
combo box and copy one of the others into its place. Then I have the
properties set to Show Drop Button when focus, yet often after it gets
focus the drop button appears and then remains even after focus has

moved
elsewhere. I use Sendkeys to issue an Esc to remove focus from the
controls. This it seems only gets fixed after reopening the workbook.

(It
saves with the drop buttons showing, then after reloading when it
calculates they clear.)

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

--

Dave Peterson