Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New to VB...any good books?

I'm trying to learn visual basic. Can anyone suggest a good tutorial
book? I have seen lots at the bookstores......is there one that is
better than the others?

--
Celt
Celt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19413

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Celt,

Before jumping into a tedious book, enjoy the Macro Recorder ... which
gives you an immediate result of your different attempts ...
In the Menu, Tools Macro RecordNewMacro ...
do a few things ...
stop recording ...
and discover the VBA translation ... Alt F11
Once you get familiar with some basics, you can pursue with
sophisticated books ... and with this Forum which is packed with
brilliant MVP's ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Man Carim... you are like my personal tutor!!

Thanks for the tip! I have played quite a bit with the macro recorder
and have written a few very basic macros. I did not know about the Alt
F11 translation though.

Thank you!!

--
Celt
Celt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19413
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=519392

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob Phillips wrote:

VBA For Dummies by John Walkenbach

I much prefer the style of the "... in easy steps" series to the "...for
Dummies" series, so my recommendation would be "Excel VBA in easy
steps".

--
Gordon Rainsford

London UK