Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJH RJH is offline

Default Detecting conditional formatting

I'm tring to detect when a cell turns red.
Let's say Sheet 2 Cell B2 contains a number.
When that number is below 3 the cell is turned red with conditional
formatting.
I need to detect the color change.
I can catch the number dropping below 3 but that doesn't work for me, I need
to dectect the color change. (Excel 03)

How could I do this?

Thanks!

RJH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In article ,
"RJH" wrote:

I'm tring to detect when a cell turns red.
Let's say Sheet 2 Cell B2 contains a number.
When that number is below 3 the cell is turned red with conditional
formatting.
I need to detect the color change.
I can catch the number dropping below 3 but that doesn't work for me, I need
to dectect the color change. (Excel 03)

How could I do this?

AFAIK, you can't, at least not directly. If CF, which is applied after
calculation, is dependent on B2<3, why is detecting B2<3 not sufficient?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJH RJH is offline

It's not sufficient because I'm looking at a range of many cells with varied
conditions and would need to write many different macros as opposed to
looping through the range of cell and looking for a red cell. If it can't
be done I guess I'll have to come at it with a different approach.

Thanks for the input!

RJH

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
In article ,
"RJH" wrote:

I'm tring to detect when a cell turns red.
Let's say Sheet 2 Cell B2 contains a number.
When that number is below 3 the cell is turned red with conditional
formatting.
I need to detect the color change.
I can catch the number dropping below 3 but that doesn't work for me, I
need
to dectect the color change. (Excel 03)

How could I do this?

AFAIK, you can't, at least not directly. If CF, which is applied after
calculation, is dependent on B2<3, why is detecting B2<3 not sufficient?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

and

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd07.htm
--
Gary's Student

"RJH" wrote:

I'm tring to detect when a cell turns red.
Let's say Sheet 2 Cell B2 contains a number.
When that number is below 3 the cell is turned red with conditional
formatting.
I need to detect the color change.
I can catch the number dropping below 3 but that doesn't work for me, I
need
to dectect the color change. (Excel 03)

How could I do this?

AFAIK, you can't, at least not directly. If CF, which is applied after
calculation, is dependent on B2<3, why is detecting B2<3 not sufficient?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJH RJH is offline

WOW!
That should help!