Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CDO Query

Hi people

My program seems to be working ok but one query is that when using CD
it seems to free up Excel before it's completed the subroutine.

This is a problem because I have a cancel button on my form which end
the program before it's sent the emails.

Should it be doing this? I have got an idea of how to stop this issu
but want to make sure that it's supposed to do this first.

Also any idea how long it should take for CDO to send each email?

Thanks

Nic

--
n_s_simpso
n_s_simpson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3185

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To give you more info when I select the cancel button before my progra
has finished sending the emails it causes Excel to stop responding.
have to close it via TaskMan.

I am guessing that the nature of how CDO works is that while sendin
the emails it frees up the Excel spreadsheet. I will have to check tha
the emails have finished sending before I allow people to exit.

Please can someone confirm that CDO does free up excel whil
executing?

Also is there a way of exiting out of it while it's processing withou
causing it to crash Excel?

Thank

--
n_s_simpso
n_s_simpson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3185
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51818

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there anyone out there who has the knowledge to help me? It appears
that Ron de Bruin is the only user that knows anything about CDO.

Please help

Thanks

Nick

--