Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Option Button question

Hi,

Im my form, i've got two questions both require a yes/no answer.

The problem i'm getting is that I can't select an option for bot
questions.

Public Sub UserForm_Initialize()
optexpiredY1.Value = ""
optexpiredN1.Value = ""
optlockedY1.Value = ""
optlockedN1.Value = ""

I have a multipage of 6 tabs 4 tabs have the same questions, but name
differently, according to the tab number.

Is there anyway I could answer both questions

--
harpscardif
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use checkboxes not optionbuttons.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message

Im my form, i've got two questions both require a yes/no answer.

The problem i'm getting is that I can't select an option for both
questions.

Public Sub UserForm_Initialize()
optexpiredY1.Value = ""
optexpiredN1.Value = ""
optlockedY1.Value = ""
optlockedN1.Value = ""

I have a multipage of 6 tabs 4 tabs have the same questions, but named
differently, according to the tab number.

Is there anyway I could answer both questions?

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518165

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you particularly need Option buttons and not checkboxes, put each set of
buttons in separate frames.

To disguise use of frames you could set the SpecialEffect property of the
frame to 0/flat and remove caption.

Regards,
Peter T

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message

Im my form, i've got two questions both require a yes/no answer.

The problem i'm getting is that I can't select an option for both
questions.

Public Sub UserForm_Initialize()
optexpiredY1.Value = ""
optexpiredN1.Value = ""
optlockedY1.Value = ""
optlockedN1.Value = ""

I have a multipage of 6 tabs 4 tabs have the same questions, but named
differently, according to the tab number.

Is there anyway I could answer both questions?

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518165

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that - is there any way to have the check boxes set so tha
they are blank

--
harpscardif
harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51816

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah,

cbExpired.Value = False

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"harpscardiff"
wrote in message
news:harpscardiff.241ikb_1141299301.5165@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Thanks for that - is there any way to have the check boxes set so that
they are blank?

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518165

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Easier (IMO) would be to give each set a separate groupname property. It
doesn't make any difference what it is, just so it is unique among sets and
common within sets of optionbuttons.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message

Im my form, i've got two questions both require a yes/no answer.

The problem i'm getting is that I can't select an option for both
questions.

Public Sub UserForm_Initialize()
optexpiredY1.Value = ""
optexpiredN1.Value = ""
optlockedY1.Value = ""
optlockedN1.Value = ""

I have a multipage of 6 tabs 4 tabs have the same questions, but named
differently, according to the tab number.

Is there anyway I could answer both questions?

--
harpscardiff
harpscardiff's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Help GroupName agrees with you -

"GroupName is more efficient for the following reasons...."

Frames also have advantages depending on what else might want to do.

Not sure why the OP is going the checkbox route, sets of optionbuttons would
seem suitable for each mutually exclusive "yes/no" pair.

Regards,
Peter T