Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL queries from CSV page in excel

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so hello to all.....

I've got a bit of a problem i dont know much about excel but i think
what i want to do can be done but i have problem doing so.

My problem is i have a large amount of data which has been dumped from
a massive database into a CSV. Some excel files are about 4mb to 12mb
but what i need to do is conduct some queries/filters.

But i want to do is try and write and sql query to check particular
columns and check for the uniqness of data records however when i go
into excel and go under dataimport external data I select the file but
its comes up with not a reconised table structure how can i get around
this or am i going about this wrong way can someone please point me in
the correct direction.

cheers

--
morkz
morkz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32059

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

morkz,
How the data structured in your .csv file ?
Is the "massive database" a non-Windows app ?

NickHK

"morkz" wrote in
message ...