Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Change cells inside a function

Hi all:

I'm writing a function, that search into a given range, 4 cells that
standard deviations is better, and returns it...

=DESVESTMIN(A1:A8;4)

I would like to mark the used cells and here is the problem. It seems that I
cannot change anything inside a function, is it right ?

Thanks

Manel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Manel,

Yes, that's right. You cannot change anything in worksheets or in Excel's
settings from within a function that is called from a worksheet, directly or
indirectly.
You can in macros and in functions called from VBA. NO, you can't tweak it
by calling a function from another function that is called from a worksheet
etc.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten