Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open a picture based on Excel Value

Hi!
Running Excel 2003. I'm creating a workbook with all of my employee's
information in it. I've created a master sheet where the user types in
a employee's name and then it references to all the information that I
have on the employee across each worksheet. Most of it just uses
simple VLOOKUP to reference and return the wanted information. Based
on the name typed in I would like to be able to bring up a picture of
the employee too and show it in a designated cluster of cells. I have
pics of each employee in a separate folder on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated and as many details as possible
would be great! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi tdawg79

See
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tdawg79" wrote in message ups.com...
Hi!
Running Excel 2003. I'm creating a workbook with all of my employee's
information in it. I've created a master sheet where the user types in
a employee's name and then it references to all the information that I
have on the employee across each worksheet. Most of it just uses
simple VLOOKUP to reference and return the wanted information. Based
on the name typed in I would like to be able to bring up a picture of
the employee too and show it in a designated cluster of cells. I have
pics of each employee in a separate folder on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated and as many details as possible
would be great! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi T,

See J.E. McGimpsey's Picture Lookup page at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

---
Regards,
Norman