-   -   Open a picture based on Excel Value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354511-open-picture-based-excel-value.html)

tdawg79

Open a picture based on Excel Value

Hi!
Running Excel 2003. I'm creating a workbook with all of my employee's
information in it. I've created a master sheet where the user types in
a employee's name and then it references to all the information that I
have on the employee across each worksheet. Most of it just uses
simple VLOOKUP to reference and return the wanted information. Based
on the name typed in I would like to be able to bring up a picture of
the employee too and show it in a designated cluster of cells. I have
pics of each employee in a separate folder on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated and as many details as possible
would be great! Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

Open a picture based on Excel Value

Hi tdawg79

See
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tdawg79" wrote in message ups.com...
Hi!
Running Excel 2003. I'm creating a workbook with all of my employee's
information in it. I've created a master sheet where the user types in
a employee's name and then it references to all the information that I
have on the employee across each worksheet. Most of it just uses
simple VLOOKUP to reference and return the wanted information. Based
on the name typed in I would like to be able to bring up a picture of
the employee too and show it in a designated cluster of cells. I have
pics of each employee in a separate folder on my computer.

Any help would be much appreciated and as many details as possible
would be great! Thanks!

Norman Jones

Open a picture based on Excel Value

Hi T,

See J.E. McGimpsey's Picture Lookup page at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

---
Regards,
Norman