Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining all the excle files

Hi,

I have the 1000 different excel file, each file have multile no of
sheet in it. but all the 1000 different file have the same format, only
the no of rows in each files will change but the no of columes remain
same.

I need to merge all the 1000 files into one file, which will have same
structure as the earlier one, merged file will also have multile
worksheet in it, same as the earlier structure of the file.

--
vikasmore
vikasmore's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31958

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

vikasmore,
If you are attempting to produce a workbook with some 5000 sheets, it is not
going to be good.
Alternative, if you are looking to get a workbook with 5 or sheets but
combing the rows from a 1000 book, you know the limit per sheet is 65000
rows, so 65 rows max for each of your 1000 books.

Either way, I would look for a different approach.
Access ?

NickHK

"vikasmore" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

I have the 1000 different excel file, each file have multile no of
sheet in it. but all the 1000 different file have the same format, only
the no of rows in each files will change but the no of columes remain
same.

I need to merge all the 1000 files into one file, which will have same
structure as the earlier one, merged file will also have multile
worksheet in it, same as the earlier structure of the file.

--
vikasmore
vikasmore's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi vikasmore

I have a few example pages on my site that you can try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"vikasmore" wrote in message

I have the 1000 different excel file, each file have multile no of
sheet in it. but all the 1000 different file have the same format, only
the no of rows in each files will change but the no of columes remain
same.

I need to merge all the 1000 files into one file, which will have same
structure as the earlier one, merged file will also have multile
worksheet in it, same as the earlier structure of the file.

--
vikasmore
vikasmore's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31958
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am looking at producing the few worksheet sheet only , lets say only
of them. i will have lots of rows by combining all the different excl
files. lets say it it crosses the limit of excle , in that case hav
multiple files. I NEED THIS CONSIALIDATED FILE FOR JUST SOM
PRESENATION PURPOSE ONLY.

Do u have any another sugestion for it.

NickHK Wrote:
[...]

View this thread