Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bar code into a form

Hey guys,
I have a code that when I use a bar code scanner it drops the code into a
cell say A1. I would like the bar code to be directly dropped into a text box
in the user form I have made in VBA. Any sugestions?
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you think you could explain just a bit more. I know how to make for example
txtbarcode.setfocus but I'm not sure how to direct it to scan directly into
the txtbox. It just keeps going into cell A1. Thank you Nick. I will keep at
it.
--

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hey guys,
I have a code that when I use a bar code scanner it drops the code into a
cell say A1. I would like the bar code to be directly dropped into a text

box
in the user form I have made in VBA. Any sugestions?
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jennifer,
Assuming you are using a barcode scanner with a keyboard wedge, it just
emulates keyboard input.
So if your txtbarcode has the focus, the barcode number should end up in
that text box.
You are not doing some .Select of A1 after showing the userform ?

NickHK

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hey guys,
I have a code that when I use a bar code scanner it drops the code

into a
cell say A1. I would like the bar code to be directly dropped into a

text
box
in the user form I have made in VBA. Any sugestions?
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear all,

A barcode scanner operation will follow by a Enter, is it possible to use
this Enter to trigger a Sub?

Please help__<

"Jennifer" wrote:

Thanks guys!
--

"Jennifer" wrote:

Hey guys,
I have a code that when I use a bar code scanner it drops the code into a
cell say A1. I would like the bar code to be directly dropped into a text box
in the user form I have made in VBA. Any sugestions?
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are worksheet and workbook events you could tie into, but I don't know how
the barcode scanner would affect them.

Chip Pearson has some instructions on events:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx

David McRitchie has some notes, too:

Steve wrote:

Dear all,

A barcode scanner operation will follow by a Enter, is it possible to use
this Enter to trigger a Sub?

Please help__<

"Jennifer" wrote:

Thanks guys!
--

"Jennifer" wrote:

Hey guys,
I have a code that when I use a bar code scanner it drops the code into a
cell say A1. I would like the bar code to be directly dropped into a text box
in the user form I have made in VBA. Any sugestions?
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use a bar code scanner that connects to a RS232 serial port,
you would be able to use a software product called WinWedge to input
the data from the bar code scanner and then trigger a VBA subroutine
in Excel to run each time a bar code has been scanned. The subroutine
would then be able to use the DDERequest function to retrieve the bar
code data from the WinWedge software.
For more information about the WinWedge product, visit www.taltech.com

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 20:26:01 -0800, Steve
wrote:

Dear all,

A barcode scanner operation will follow by a Enter, is it possible to use
this Enter to trigger a Sub?

Please help__<

"Jennifer" wrote:

Thanks guys!