Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting text within VBA

Hi,
How can I (or can I) format a string to be written to a cell *before* it
is put there? I'm encountering strings from html that I would like to
correctly represent in Excel (e.g., using bold font for text between
asterisks) without having to do it in situ within a cell. Any one of
these strings could be a mixture of bold, italic, and unemphasized fonts.

TIA
DaveB
--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello David,
Maybe the approach (or a subset of) shown here at Dick's Blog.

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...l-in-cells-ii/

Tom Ogilvy

"David J. Braden" wrote in message
How can I (or can I) format a string to be written to a cell *before* it
is put there? I'm encountering strings from html that I would like to
correctly represent in Excel (e.g., using bold font for text between
asterisks) without having to do it in situ within a cell. Any one of
these strings could be a mixture of bold, italic, and unemphasized fonts.

TIA
DaveB
--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom!
Thanks. Looks good. Sheesh, I have always thought that you are Der
Meister of publicly available info, but this tops the cake (with no
deference to Dick intended; indeed, thanks for the heads-up re his site).

Regards,
Dave

ps -