Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting based on text within a cell w/ text AND num

Thanks T. Valko for the array formulas. They worked perfectly!

Now I have another question. How do I use conditional formatting to
highlight all cells that contain "S" in yellow and "V" in purple, if the
cells have both text and numbers?

Here's what I want to do:

A1: S=8.0
A2: (blank)
A3: V=10.0
A4: S=4.0

Based on the cells listed above, how do I use conditional formatting to do
the following?

Results:
A1 and A4: highlighted in YELLOW
A3: highlighted in PURPLE

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the conditional formatting set the first criteria to formula and enter
=FIND("s",A1)
change colors as desired

In the second condition add =FIND("v",A1) and adjust those colors.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Shirley" wrote:

Thanks T. Valko for the array formulas. They worked perfectly!

Now I have another question. How do I use conditional formatting to
highlight all cells that contain "S" in yellow and "V" in purple, if the
cells have both text and numbers?

Here's what I want to do:

A1: S=8.0
A2: (blank)
A3: V=10.0
A4: S=4.0

Based on the cells listed above, how do I use conditional formatting to do
the following?

Results:
A1 and A4: highlighted in YELLOW
A3: highlighted in PURPLE