Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Default French Vs English

Can someone explain to me why a code that works in OfficeXPsp2 French does
not work in Office2003 English.

codes such as;
appplication.displayalert= false
application.close

Thanks!

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code should work.
It doesn't look like you pasted it from your code. Please do.
What behavior of Excel makes you say "not work"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"MD" wrote in message
Can someone explain to me why a code that works in OfficeXPsp2 French does
not work in Office2003 English.

codes such as;
appplication.displayalert= false
application.close

Thanks!

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Here is one of the codes that do not work in the english version. Would the
regional settings have anything to do with it?

Sub quitter()
Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response, MyString
Msg = "Voulez-vous vraiment quitter ce dossier?"
Style = vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton
Title = "Quiter ce dossier"
Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title)
If Response = vbYes Then
MyString = "Yes"

Dim Msg2, Style2, Title2, Response2, MyString2
Msg2 = "Voulez-vous sauvegarder ce dossier?"
Style2 = vbYesNo + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton
Title2 = "Sauvegarde du dossier"
Response2 = MsgBox(Msg2, Style2, Title2)
If Response2 = vbYes Then
MyString2 = "Yes"
Application.Run ("saisie.xls!sauver")
Else
MyString2 = "No"
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Windows("menu.xls").Activate
Windows("saisie.xls").Activate
Application.Run ("taux.xls!close_from_saisie")
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Else
MyString = "No"
Range("c10").Select

"MD" wrote in message
Can someone explain to me why a code that works in OfficeXPsp2 French
does not work in Office2003 English.

codes such as;
appplication.displayalert= false
application.close

Thanks!

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You didn't really answer my question:

"What behavior of Excel makes you say "not work"?"

Also, I don't find the "application.close" that you mentioned in your first
post.

Could it be that you're a bit inaccurate in your questions?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"MD" wrote in message
Can someone explain to me why a code that works in OfficeXPsp2 French
does not work in Office2003 English.

codes such as;
appplication.displayalert= false
application.close

Thanks!

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MD MD is offline

Hi Niek

Ok here it is...

This code was originaly written on Excel Office97 french edition. It has
since then been edited with Excel XP french edition. When the code runs on
Office2000 (below I said Office2003 but it`s 2000) English edition, I get
this message.

Run-time error '2147319784 (80028018)':
Methode 'Select' of object 'Range' failed

just by runing this code;
sub xxxx()
range("A1").Select
End Sub

Does this clue you in something????

regards
MD

"MD" wrote in message
Can someone explain to me why a code that works in OfficeXPsp2 French
does not work in Office2003 English.

codes such as;
appplication.displayalert= false
application.close

Thanks!

MD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No.
Maybe a chart sheet was active instead of a worksheet?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten