Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 1004 - Unable to set the hidden property of the range class

I'm getting the error mentioned in the subject line when I initially click
(first open the workbook) on either of the command buttons associated with
the code below. Once I manually unprotect the worksheet, the command buttons
work correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

When you click the protect button, the sheet should hide the billing
information, protect the sheet from being edited and save the sheet. When
you click the unprotect button, it should ask you for the password and unhide
the information. I'm using VBA for Excel 2003.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'
' Protect Macro
' Macro recorded 02/16/2006 by Tim Whitley
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+M
'
Rows("33:40").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="show$", Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=False, DrawingObjects:=True, _
UserInterfaceOnly:=True

ActiveWorkbook.Save

End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
'
' Unlockit Macro
' Macro recorded 02/17/2006 by Tim Whitley
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+O

'must lock VBA project so you can't see the password in it
Dim MyStr1 As String, MyStr2 As String
MyStr2 = ("show$") 'This is the password and it is CASE sensitive
MyStr1 = InputBox("Password Required")
If MyStr1 = MyStr2 Then

Rows("33:40").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=MyStr1

Else
MsgBox ("Access Denied")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Try this:
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=MyStr1
Rows("33:40").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False

You need to unlock the sheet before you can unhide the rows.

--
Ian