Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate Cells - Time consuming!

Please help. I've got a "data" sheet updating via ADO from SQL. Another sheet
has formulas like Vlookup & Sumproduct linked to the "data" sheet. After the
data update a bunch of macros are run on the data sorting and standardising
the data and every time a change is made all the formulas try and
re-calculate. I've tried setting Tools - Calculation - Manual but every time
I run the macro the calculation state changes back to Auto. I've also tried
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual & Application.ScreenUpdating =
False but it makes no diffirence. Is there any other way of not having these
formulas updating automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In my limited experience with ADO I have not found that running a query by
itself changes the calc mode. Maybe if you looked through the macros that
do the sorting, etc., you'd find where calc mode was being changed to
automatic.
--
Jim
"Braindeadbeachbum" wrote in