Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating multiple cells on other sheets via data validation

I'm working on creating worksheet selection from a drop down
list. The drop down list contain: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor for example:

I have 2 worksheet in the same workbook.
I have a worksheet called (BOM), one of this worksheet for Mouse,
another for Keyboard and so on. that contain data in 4 column namely:
Model, Part number, Part description and Quantity and has about 100
rows

For example if i choose "Mouse" from the drop down list then I want
cell A5 to fill with "Model number" and cell B5 with "Part number." and

cell A6 with "Part description." and cell B6 with "Quantity"

All of this fill-in information would be on another worksheet named
Master plan(MP).

I am using formula that refers to data data on the BOM worksheets like

this: ='BOM'!A2 in cellA5 of MP, and ='BOM'!B2 in B5 of MP, ='BOM'!C2
in A6 of MP and so on. And i repeat by copying the formulas to cell
below to extract the data for row 2 of the BOM worksheet. I continue
until i get all 100 rows.

My problem is when i copy this formula to some cell below, it does not
extract the next row of data from the BOM worksheet. Instead it make
relative reference to the cell thus returning wrong data.

Is there a way of going about to do this. Any help is appriciated.
Thank you.

For example i choose from the drop-down list: mouse

BOM worksheet:(corresponding to mouse)
Model Part number Part Des Quantity
M123 02-1234-12 Screw 1
M124 02-1235-12 Label 2

The data will be fill-in to the respective cell in the MP worksheet
automatically

MP worksheet:
Model:Fill-in here Part number: Fill-in here
Part Des:Fill-in here Quantity:Fill-in here