Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing data of two sheets

Hi

I am trying to write a macro to do the following:

I have account number, date, charge in one excelsheet with 200
records.
In another excel sheet, I have the same columns but for 1000 accounts.

I need to pick each account number in sheet 1, compare it's data in
sheet 2,
and if data matches, I can say that it passed.
So, for each account number in sheet 1, i need to loop through all the
records in sheet 2 for comparison.
the steps are explained below.

1. Pick an account number, date and charge from sheet 1.
2. Search for that account number in sheet 2
3. If that account number is found,compare the date.
4. If date matches, chk charge
5. If charge matches, put PASS (charge should be rounded to 2 digits)
in next column.
5. If charge doesn't match, put FAIL in next column.

I'm trying to do this, but if some expert there can provide me the
solution quickly, it would be great.

Thanks and regards,
Sriram

--