Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default Comparing Data on 2 sheets

I have 2 sheets that I need to make sure the exact data is on both sheets.
For example, I have the data:

Sheet1
Date Salesman Product Units
12-Nov Joe Pen 10
15-Nov Pam Pencil 5
18-Nov Joe Pencil 16
20-Nov Doug Paper 5
21-Nov Pam Paper 10

Sheet2
Date Salesman Product Color Units
15-Nov Pam Pencil Black 5
20-Nov Doug Paper White 5
12-Nov Joe Pen Red 10
21-Nov Pam Paper off white 10

And what I want to make sure is that Nov. 20th, Doug, and paper is on both
sheets (Date, Salesman, & Product). The formula can be in one column and
return a yes, or 1 or 0. It doesn't matter, I just need to verify that it is
in their. Obviously my spreadsheet is more complex then above, but I will
basically be comparing name, date, and product.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Can it be done?

If not on different sheets, what if it was on the same sheet?

"Lee" wrote:

I have 2 sheets that I need to make sure the exact data is on both sheets.
For example, I have the data:

Sheet1
Date Salesman Product Units
12-Nov Joe Pen 10