Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Right Click Option to Copy Cell Address

I want to create a right click option in Excel that I can use in every
spreadsheet, that allows me to copy and past the active range of a
spreadsheet. So when I highlight a range, I want code that extracts
Sheet1!A1:A46, copies it to the clipboard. Assuming the code looks like this
for the string.

ActiveRange.Parent.Name & "!" & ActiveRange.Address

How do I create the right click option AND where do I put the code (personal
workbook!).

Thanks

EM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't done it in quite some time, but I believe you can add a control to
the CELL commandbar.
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"ExcelMonkey" wrote:

I want to create a right click option in Excel that I can use in every
spreadsheet, that allows me to copy and past the active range of a
spreadsheet. So when I highlight a range, I want code that extracts
Sheet1!A1:A46, copies it to the clipboard. Assuming the code looks like this
for the string.

ActiveRange.Parent.Name & "!" & ActiveRange.Address

How do I create the right click option AND where do I put the code (personal
workbook!).

Thanks

EM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ExcelMonkey

You can create a add-in
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

You can make a new option in the Cell menu

http://support.microsoft.com/default...02&Product=xlw
How to customize menus and menu bars in Excel

Creating Custom Menus (John Walkenbach) TIP

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...oadcommandbars
Ole P. Erlandsen's Web Site (Example workbooks)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message ...
I want to create a right click option in Excel that I can use in every
spreadsheet, that allows me to copy and past the active range of a
spreadsheet. So when I highlight a range, I want code that extracts
Sheet1!A1:A46, copies it to the clipboard. Assuming the code looks like this
for the string.

ActiveRange.Parent.Name & "!" & ActiveRange.Address

How do I create the right click option AND where do I put the code (personal
workbook!).

Thanks

EM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would need to instantiate Application Level events in your personal.xls
or any file that opens with excel (an addin perhaps).

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/appevent.htm

then use the application level beforerightclick (cancel = true cancels
the popup menu)

then you would use the DataObject object from the MSForms library to place a
string in the clipboard

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm

Both links to Chip Pearson's site
Tom Ogilvy