Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validaton Ignore Blanks

Hi,
Cell Data Validation I have Ignore Blanks unchecked but it still ignores
them and does not bring up the Warning .

I just don't know why? Any ideas?

thanks,
jeffp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A data validation error message won't appear if a cell is left blank.

If you're trying to prevent users from saving a file when specific cells
a blank, you could use programming to run code before the Save.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
"thought" by unchecking ignore blanks it would force "something" to be
entered in the cell. I want to force data entry to be made if the cell is
entered.
I'm using a few different ones but one instance :
allow: text length
data:between
minimum:3
maximum:9
Ignore Blanks: unchecked
But Ignore Blanks doesn't seem to matter if it is checked or not. Could you
explain to me what it does?

Thanks for any help and education
jeffp