Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros not displaying under ToolsMacros

I have several saved macros in the file Personal.xls in the XLSTART folder.
They will not display under ToolsMacroMacros. Until a few days ago the
macros have been displaying correctly when I open an excel file. Perviously,
they would infrequently not display if I double-clicked and opened an excel
file. I solved this by opening excel under the Start Menu and they opening
the file.

When I go to try and create a new macro I receive the error "Personal Macro
Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording."

Any suggestions on how to get them to display under the Tools menu again?

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using xl2002+?

xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
Items...".

Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
too.

If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

--

Dave Peterson