Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keep macros from being ran under the tools option in the menu bar

I have macros that are automated on excell 2003 and I am not wanting users to
view or execute macros from clicking on tools then macro. How would I gray
out this option?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this at the top of your module

Option private module
or
private sub instead of just sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I have macros that are automated on excell 2003 and I am not wanting users
view or execute macros from clicking on tools then macro. How would I
gray
out this option?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You could put this in (say) the workbook open event and set it to TRUE in
workbook close

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("&Tools")
.Controls("&Macro").Enabled = False
End With

Mike

question.

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have macros that are automated on excell 2003 and I am not wanting users to
view or execute macros from clicking on tools then macro. How would I gray
out this option?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lock the project from viewing in VBEVBAProject Properties

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP