Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determining Worksheet Edit Mode

Greetings! I am trying to figure out how to determine the worksheets edit
mode in VBA. I am referring to the mode text that is displayed in the lower
left hand corner of the Excel window status bar. I'm sure that I'm just
looking for the wrong term, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure there's any direct access to that information.

But...
VBA doesn't run when the sheet is in "edit" mode.
If the user has copied a range then application.cutcopymode will be = 1

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Kevin" wrote in message
Greetings! I am trying to figure out how to determine the worksheets edit
mode in VBA. I am referring to the mode text that is displayed in the

lower
left hand corner of the Excel window status bar. I'm sure that I'm just
looking for the wrong term, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But if I'm not mistaken the Change event for the sheet will fire with each
keystroke being typed into a cell and that's why I'm trying to track the mode
to ignore the change until the sheet is "Ready" again.

Thanks!
--
Kevin

"Kevin" wrote in message
Greetings! I am trying to figure out how to determine the worksheets edit
mode in VBA. I am referring to the mode text that is displayed in the

lower
left hand corner of the Excel window status bar. I'm sure that I'm just
looking for the wrong term, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

worksheet_change only fires when you're not in edit mode, so there is no
event fired on keystrokes.
It only fires when you exit the cell after editing the value, so you don't
need any code to ignore keystrokes.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Kevin" wrote in message
Greetings! I am trying to figure out how to determine the worksheets

edit
mode in VBA. I am referring to the mode text that is displayed in the

lower
left hand corner of the Excel window status bar. I'm sure that I'm

just
looking for the wrong term, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
--
Kevin

Determining the text mode from a variety of data types matt3542 Excel Worksheet Functions 17 July 31st 08 08:01 PM
Combo Box goes to edit mode even if design mode is in OFF position Chas Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 7th 05 07:21 PM
Edit mode Ken Travers Excel Programming 2 November 7th 04 09:57 PM
Edit Mode Nicke[_8_] Excel Programming 0 October 15th 04 12:49 PM
Edit Mode Nicke[_5_] Excel Programming 1 October 15th 04 11:59 AM