Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why are macros creating so many "Activecell" words??

I've been happily recording macros for years. Suddenly, on a new PC, almost
every line of code begins with "Activecell" as shown below. Instead of a
simple "Range("A1").Select", it creates "ActiveCell.Offset(-27,
-2).Range("A1").Select ".

How do I make it stop doing that - make the "Activecell" stuff go away?

ActiveCell.Cells.Select
ActiveCell.Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
ActiveCell.Offset(-27, -2).Range("A1").Select

Activecell.Help!!!!
Activecell.TIA
Activecell.Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

That's unusuall
I've never seen it I suppose you could do a replacement in your Macro Editor

Replace ActiveCell. With Nothing

--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.

"Paul" wrote:

I've been happily recording macros for years. Suddenly, on a new PC, almost
every line of code begins with "Activecell" as shown below. Instead of a
simple "Range("A1").Select", it creates "ActiveCell.Offset(-27,
-2).Range("A1").Select ".

How do I make it stop doing that - make the "Activecell" stuff go away?

ActiveCell.Cells.Select
ActiveCell.Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
ActiveCell.Offset(-27, -2).Range("A1").Select

Activecell.Help!!!!
Activecell.TIA
Activecell.Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

It appears that if you record with the recorder in 'Relative Reference' mode
then the activecell stuff appears. Apparently Excels way to figure out where
it is. If you switch to absolute, you shouldn't see the activecell
references at the beginning of each line.

"Paul" wrote:

I've been happily recording macros for years. Suddenly, on a new PC, almost
every line of code begins with "Activecell" as shown below. Instead of a
simple "Range("A1").Select", it creates "ActiveCell.Offset(-27,
-2).Range("A1").Select ".

How do I make it stop doing that - make the "Activecell" stuff go away?

ActiveCell.Cells.Select
ActiveCell.Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
ActiveCell.Offset(-27, -2).Range("A1").Select

Activecell.Help!!!!
Activecell.TIA
Activecell.Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the recording toolbar, the right button toggles between relative and
absolute. I suggest you have click it and placed it in relative mode.
Start recording a macro so it appears and click the right button. Then
perform a few actions and stop recording. See if that fixes it.

Tom Ogilvy