Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Why are macros creating so many "Activecell" words??

It appears that if you record with the recorder in 'Relative Reference' mode
then the activecell stuff appears. Apparently Excels way to figure out where
it is. If you switch to absolute, you shouldn't see the activecell
references at the beginning of each line.

"Paul" wrote:

I've been happily recording macros for years. Suddenly, on a new PC, almost
every line of code begins with "Activecell" as shown below. Instead of a
simple "Range("A1").Select", it creates "ActiveCell.Offset(-27,
-2).Range("A1").Select ".

How do I make it stop doing that - make the "Activecell" stuff go away?

ActiveCell.Cells.Select
ActiveCell.Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
ActiveCell.Offset(-27, -2).Range("A1").Select

Activecell.Help!!!!
Activecell.TIA
Activecell.Paul