Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need documents on VBA conversion from excel 97 to excel xp

I need documentaion on how excel 97 ( VBA ) applications can be converted to
excel XP , what are the issues i may face and how to resolve them.
please provide me help documents , web references etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are so little I would doubt they are documented. Anything new in XP
over 97 should be avoided, such as Tab Colours, Pictures in Headers, etc.

If you search for a document on GUI differences this will give you the
objects to avoid, but as I say, they are very few

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jivitesh" wrote in message
I need documentaion on how excel 97 ( VBA ) applications can be converted
excel XP , what are the issues i may face and how to resolve them.
please provide me help documents , web references etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, further to my other post, if you are developing for a wide-deployment
application, you would do better to develop in that version as there will
undoubedetly be little nuances that will not be documented anyhow

I suspect a copy of XL97 could be picked up very cheaply now

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jivitesh" wrote in message
I need documentaion on how excel 97 ( VBA ) applications can be converted
excel XP , what are the issues i may face and how to resolve them.
please provide me help documents , web references etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've done a few of these conversions. Nick is right - there's not much on
the web. You can look at the msdn for microsoft stuff.

My recollection is that the main difference is in highly tuned workbooks.
The new calculation model provides for much faster running, so you can
probably re-write a lot of nasty code that exists to improve performance by
using the worksheet.enablecalculation property as well as the application
calculation properties.

Hope that points you in the right direction...

--
www.alignment-systems.com