Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find a Cell Value

Hello,

I'm just trying to find a cell value from one sheet to another. On Sheet1, I
want say "B11" to be what I'm looking for. On Sheet2, I need it to search
through say "C1:C5001" and have it select the first one it finds. How would I
go about doing that?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe not enough information but it sounds like you want something like
=index(Sheet2!B$1:B$5001,match(your_value,Sheet2!C $1:C$5001,0))

If "your_value" is in Sheet2!C11 then the formula returns Sheet2!B11

"Gabe" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm just trying to find a cell value from one sheet to another. On Sheet1,
want say "B11" to be what I'm looking for. On Sheet2, I need it to search
through say "C1:C5001" and have it select the first one it finds. How
would I
go about doing that?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or perhaps you just wanted
=match(B11,Sheet2!C$1:C$5001,0)
which returns the row in Sheet2!C1:C5001 with the first exact match of B11
on Sheet1