Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Anyone familiar with BPCS?

Hi. Has anyone here ever written a VBA routine in Excel to call to BPCS
to run a report? Could you share some sample code of the objects and
such used? Or could someone point me to a resource where I could
research this?

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you please advise the vendor?

--
Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/

"c mateland" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi. Has anyone here ever written a VBA routine in Excel to call to BPCS
to run a report? Could you share some sample code of the objects and
such used? Or could someone point me to a resource where I could
research this?

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

They're using Reflections 4.

Sorry to have left that out.

-Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I have an xla file at work that I can post tomorrow - it -may -come in
handy for you (I'm not sure if the VBA project is locked or not). I
have only used it twice & believe that was created quite some time ago
but it's tidy & has error traps etc.
The difficulty I have with using it is the need to be able to identify
the library & table etc that the data is to be pulled from.

Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Rob. I'd love to look at it.

I'm not sure posting files here is allowed, but feel free to send it to
my email address. Just add @yahoo.com after my name. My name is
chuckmateland.

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chuck,
Sorry, I kept forgetting to post it & I was mistaken, it is not an xla
file it is an ".xll" file (another type of addin - I think). Also, I
can't see any way of breaking in to it to see how it works - good
luck!
It is installed through tools & addins and when you want to use it look
for the 2 options under the Data menu ("transfer data from as400" &
transfer data to as400").

I can post it through www.excelforum.com so hopefully you can download
it. If not try getting it from this thread:
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=509025

another thread you may find more helpful is:
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=495690

hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

|Filename: Copy of cwbtfxla.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4337 |