Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing optional controls in toolbox

I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right click in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0 (SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the Calendar control.

Right-click the VBA control toolbox, select Additional Controls...
Tick Calendar Control
Click OK

--
Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right click in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is a great control also . . . BUT the problem I really am running into
is I designed a pretty friendly userform for my dad and it has the control I
list below in the userform. I was there today and when I opened the VBA
toolbox the option to select the <Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4) is a no go. There has to be somewere to add it in or something?

The problem with the control Rob recommends is that you can't pick a
specific date. Also, I am having a simular problem with another userform when
I gave it another friend to use. Works great on my computer but not on
theres. Thank you again.

--

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right click in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a custom Date/Time picker on my website.
It does not give you a calendar.
Instead a textbox where you can scroll the year or month or day or even
second part of the date up and down.

--

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right click
in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the link on this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297381/en-us
OFFXPDEV: MSCOMCT2.OCX Is Not Included with Microsoft Office XP Developer

I don't know if this is a licensed control or not - if it is, then you may
not be able to distribute it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right

click in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a

download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the site Tom - - How do I extract the revision files. Not
completely sure what steps to take once I have downloaded it to my dads
computer. Thank you for your time.
--

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I am using XP 2003 I notice that in the VBA toolbox when you right

click in
it to select additional controls there are some missing that my office
computer has. Specifically -Microsoft Date & Time Picker Controls 6.0
(SP4).

Is there some placing I'm not looking to add it, maybe a

download,etc.?
Thank you for your help.
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would try Windows Explorer first and see if you can just drag a copy of
the file from the cab (if it shows you what is inside).

You can build CAB files using the Windows' "MAKECAB.EXE" utility. For
extracting CAB files, you can use Microsoft's "EXTRACT.EXE", which is
available on the Windows XP CD or as part of the Windows XP Support Tools:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools
<URL:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...49ae8576-9bb9-
4126-9761-ba8011fabf38

In Windows 9X, the extract.exe is probably already on the disk.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/132913/en-us
How to use Extract.exe to copy files from the cabinet files

Tom Ogilvy