Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Background Cell shading colors

Someone has sent me a file with some cells shaded with a color that doesn't seem to be on my palette. I want to mimic that file with my own. I tried using format painter from his file to my file but that seems to use the color that is in the same position on my palette.

It seems just a tad odd that I can view his color (even copy it within his file) yet not use it in my file. What is the easiest way to use his color in my file, maybe even add his color to my palette?

Thanks!
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have your file and his file open, select your file go under Tools/Options.
Select the tab tab called Color. There is a drop down list called Copy colors from, and all other open files should be included in that drop down list.
OR
There is also a Modify button on the Color tab. While in his file, go to the color tab, select the color on his palette that you want, press modify, go to the custom tab.
This will tell you the RGB or HSL value of the color you want. Then go to your file and reset one of the colors on your pallete to that RGB using the same process.