Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error -2147467259 (80004005) Method 'xxxx' of object 'yyyy' faile

I've got the same errorcode, also at working with commandbarButtons. The
only difference is, that I have the error when setting my own image to a
commandbarbutton (not using faceId's) But why I'm receiving this error... I
really do'nt know

Isabel

"MrT" wrote:

Hi there,

Error -2147467259 (80004005) Method 'xxxx' of object 'yyyy' failed

This error seems to be quite frequent when you search for it on the web, but
no clear answer has been given so far for what concerns the OnAction method.

In my case it happens on one customer's computer (and on no other) with the
OnAction property for a CommandbarButton that is in a CommandBar that I
developed and that I deliver with an xla file. The OnAction is not empty (it
is set to the value that is fine on my computer) but it is customized on the
customers' computer to give the right address of the macro that needs to be
used. I have no clue what it fails on that specific customer's compute. The
computer has nothing obsviously different (same Excel version, same
installation path), from mine.

Has anyone see that problem before and has anyone solved it?

Thanks

Mr. T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mrt mrt is offline

Default Error -2147467259 (80004005) Method 'xxxx' of object 'yyyy' f

Hi Isabel ... I've also seen that error sometimes. Can you try to add all the
graphic converters to your Excel installation and check if that solves the
problem. Tell us if it solves the problem.

FYI, I still haven't found a solution to the problem below. No idea what
caused the problem on the computer mentioned below. It would be nice if
someone from the Microsoft Excel dev team could help with that.

Mr. T

"MrT" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I didn't realise that I was replying to a post in an excel thread. (I
just dit a search in the whole msdn newsgroup. :-( I'm working at an Outlook
addIn.

Sorry for the following question: How do I add all graphic convertors to
Excel-installation (or another office-program) I'm considering that'ts almost
the same because both are office-applications.