Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel, client access & AS400

Hi,

I don't know if I am on the good group, sorry.

I have the following thing :

AS400 <--------- Firewall <----------- PC with client access & excel

If I want to connect to the AS400 with excel (with ODBC) it does not work.

If I remove the firewall, it work.

I must open the port on the firewall but which one ?

Thanks,

Fwed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, this is a good group. :)
The port requirement would depend on what you're connecting to on the AS400.
This tool may help you determine what ports AS400 is listening on.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Fwed" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I don't know if I am on the good group, sorry.
|
| I have the following thing :
|
| AS400 <--------- Firewall <----------- PC with client access & excel
|
| If I want to connect to the AS400 with excel (with ODBC) it does not work.
|
| If I remove the firewall, it work.
|
| I must open the port on the firewall but which one ?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Fwed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your answer :)

I will test the port scanner to find what destination port is used by
the windows :)

Dave Patrick a écrit :
Yes, this is a good group. :)
The port requirement would depend on what you're connecting to on the AS400.
This tool may help you determine what ports AS400 is listening on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know ... in fact, it's a customer who have this problem, and I
do configure the firewall ... So i don't know anything about as400, odbc
and excel ... But without firewall, that work. With your tool, i will
find the good destination port and open it on the firewall :)

Your tool seem to be better that netstat :)

Thank you a lot :)