Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i use lbs and ounces in excel

Can someone tell me how to use i.e. sum for pounds and ounces.
Also how you could remove two minimum figures from a list.

I would like to use Excel for this.

Regards
Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

at some point, you would have to convert your answer to pounds, do the sum
and convert back to pounds and ounces. Or put in a formula that adds the
ounces, extracts any whole pounds, and adds those to the sum of the pounds.
If is unclear how your data is stored and what you are adding.

You can use the Small function to determine the two lowest value from a sum
with something like

=sum(A1:A10)-Small(A1:A10,1)-Small(A1:A10,2)

or

=sum(A1:A10)-Sum(small(A1:A10,{1,2}))

Tom Ogilvy

"Model-man" wrote in message
Can someone tell me how to use i.e. sum for pounds and ounces.
Also how you could remove two minimum figures from a list.

I would like to use Excel for this.

Regards
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming