Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing size of autoshape

Trying to do some basic animation with an autoshape. I have a rectangle
that I am changing the size in steps. The problem is, it resizes the
bottom edge of the rectangle up instead of moving the top edge of the
rectangle down.

here is my code:

Code:
--------------------
For j = 1 To 200
rectheight = rectheight - 0.5
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height = rectheight
For i = 1 To 100
DoEvents
Next i
Next j
--------------------

How do I tell VBA to resize my rectangle from the bottom up?

--
grime
grime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19227

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ltop = ActiveSheet.shapes("Rectangle 1").Top
For j = 1 To 200
rectheight = rectheight - 0.5
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height = rectheight
Activesheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Top = lTop
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
For i = 1 To 100
DoEvents
Next i
Next j

Tom Ogilvy

"grime" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My bad. I contradicted myself in my post.

As I resize the rectangle, I want the bottom edge to stay in place an
have the top edge move. Your code keeps the top edge aligned

--
grim
grime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1922

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My mistake in reading.

ltop = ActiveSheet.shapes("Rectangle 1").Top
For j = 1 To 200
rectheight = rectheight - 0.5
ltop = ltop - 0.5

"grime" wrote in message

My bad. I contradicted myself in my post.

As I resize the rectangle, I want the bottom edge to stay in place and
have the top edge move. Your code keeps the top edge aligned.

--
grime
grime's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504923

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

whoops, should be incrementing the top

ltop = ActiveSheet.shapes("Rectangle 1").Top
For j = 1 To 200
rectheight = rectheight - 0.5
ltop = ltop + 0.5
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height = rectheight
Activesheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Top = lTop
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
For i = 1 To 100
DoEvents
Next i
Next j

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
My mistake in reading.

ltop = ActiveSheet.shapes("Rectangle 1").Top
For j = 1 To 200
rectheight = rectheight - 0.5
ltop = ltop - 0.5
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height = rectheight
Activesheet.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Top = lTop
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
For i = 1 To 100
DoEvents
Next i
Next j

Tom Ogilvy

"grime" wrote in

message

My bad. I contradicted myself in my post.

As I resize the rectangle, I want the bottom edge to stay in place and
have the top edge move. Your code keeps the top edge aligned.

--
grime
grime's Profile:

View this thread: