Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Links to another workbook

I have several users access a set of workbooks. These workbooks contain links
to a different workbook. When they go to open the workbook, the receive a
message stating "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to
information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with
changes made to the other workbook?" This message will throw them off the
deep end....

Is it possible to have all the workbooks open automatically, updating from
the link workbook, without asking the user to say yes or no?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sincerely...
susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Goto Edit Links

Startup Prompt is on the lower left hand corner. It allows you to
change the options of the message.

--
Gbonda
Gbonda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8758

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When I go to EditLinks. I do not see a startup prompt in the lower left
corner. I have check in both Excel 2002 and 2003.

I see Source file:
Item:
Type:
Update: Automatic is my only choice.
I played with the different options in the window, and it appears I can use
this window to change the source location in all of my links in that
workbook. Which will be a great tool. Thanks for showing me that!

Not sure if what I was asking is clear, so I will explain it better.

What I have is a Excel Workbook for each month and in each workbook, I have
a sheet for each day of the month. I have it setup so on the first of each
month it will pull the data from the last day of the previous month. When I
open the February workbook, I get a message that says, "The workbook you
opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you
want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook? Click
Yes to update or no to keep existing. Is it possible to override this
question and force to to always update?

Thanks,
Susan