Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel protect method

Hi,

I'm developing an application that populates a spreadsheet from a C# app.

After the data has been inserted into the spreadsheet I want to protect all
but one column - this I can do. However I want to allow the user to format
all of the rows and columns.

It appears the protect method I have available through the _worksheet
interface isn't the one that appears in all the documentation I can find and
therefore I have a reduced set of functionality.

The protect method I have access to is of the following signatu

public abstract new void Protect ( System.Object Password , System.Object
DrawingObjects , System.Object Contents , System.Object Scenarios ,
System.Object UserInterfaceOnly )

However the one that I can find in the documentation and gives more control
over the spreadshet has 16 parameters!

I'm using Visual Studio 2003, the Excel namespace in my code and I have
Excell 2002 installed.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom, that seems to be the case.

Does anyone know of a way - with this version of the protect method that I
can specify that the format of the rows and columns of the spreadsheet can be
formated?

Thanks