Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing the way it saves

When using the option to save an excel file with multiple sheets, I elect to
"save as a webpage". Works great and looks good with some formatting editing
in the file. But I am curious, when "saving to a webpage", is there a way to
get Excel to use a template file? For instance, a webpage already setup with
the background color and other things. Seems like it should be able to get
done, but I could not find anything! Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark G. wrote:

When using the option to save an excel file with multiple sheets, I elect to
"save as a webpage". Works great and looks good with some formatting editing
in the file. But I am curious, when "saving to a webpage", is there a way to
get Excel to use a template file? For instance, a webpage already setup with
the background color and other things. Seems like it should be able to get
done, but I could not find anything! Thanks much.

I found this on the web: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlhtmltable.htm

I adapted it for my own purposes so that it uses my standard format
webpage, and inserts the values in CSS columns instead of tables, and it
works great like that too. There's lots of scope there for playing
around with it once the basic idea has been incorporated.

--
Gordon Rainsford

London UK